what if squidward was a rapper and after all of his songs he went “squid. word”
Things I have done for less than $15/hr:
- delivered a baby born at 22 weeks
- had a dead two month old thrust into my arms by a frantic mother screaming “Save her!”
- worked 24 hour shifts with no sleep or meal breaks
- had to tell a woman her husband was gone a week before their 60th anniversary
- been pooped, puked, bled on
- been assaulted by someone I was trying to help
- missed my son’s birthday and soccer games, Christmas with my family, a close friends funeral, multiple weddings.
But I’ve also been able to deliver multiple healthy babies, hold the hands of WW2 vets and make them laugh, bring people back from death and just be there to let people know that someone cares.
We don’t do this for the money but we’re worth more than $10/hr.
All so very true.
This. Screw the idiots who think flipping burgers at McDonald’s rates $15/hour.
when your parents ask you to help them with technology
The top picture is of my apartment complex being hit by a tornado and the second picture is what happened to my building as a result, we got really lucky that we lived on the bottom floor. Luckily only two people have died in my town as of the result of the EF4 tornado that hit on November 17th.
In case anyone is confused by the top photo the blue buildings in front of the tornado didn’t get damaged and behind the treeline is the apartment complex itself, on the top left (although it’s small) you can see the sign that is the entrance to the complex itself. In total there were 208 apartments in the complex, 170 of those were occupied and all of us that lived there lost our homes.
Why I hate going on Facebook.
the thing that upsets me most here is that quite a few of these sample replies show profile photos of children. These people are raising families and kids. And for those fathers with daughters,I wonder how amusing they would find it if they knew there was at least a 1 in 4 chance of their own child being sexually assaulted or raped in her own lifetime.
A real funny joke there, dads.
In which Jimmy Fallon nails it.